Newcomer to DR mapmaking

Get help for Map Making and Mission Editing here, or showcase your new work.

Newcomer to DR mapmaking

Postby DarkStar on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:27 am

I have owned Dark Reign since it first came out. I never played it online however, over time I have kept returning to it playing the single player missions. I was in to playing UT online up to UT2004 & was a mapmaker for my UT clan. As with Dark Reign to Dark Reign 2, UT players did not take to UT3 & the game is dying except for hard core UT2004 players. Anyway, I want to learn more about DR stuff. I have all the files. athe first problem I have encountered is that the editors UBEEDIT in particular are not working. It stops with a message that it cannot open the UNITS file. Can you point me to detailed help files. I tried editing the UNIT file with notepad but the files are locked & will not let me make changes.

Thanks.
DarkStar
Dark Reign Player

Re: Newcomer to DR mapmaking

Postby Opalsurisa on Thu May 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Reading this new content is very good. From me who did not know about this thing. Just after reading I know a lot more.
Opalsurisa
Dark Reign Player

Re: Newcomer to DR mapmaking

Postby XenPhaseTank on Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 am

The manual of DK is unbeatable. Just read it! And the tools will not work on never windows. You can however edit most of the files with a simple text editor. I also made all my mods and missions with the text editor.

And I don't recommend using these old editors. They are outdated since the 1.4 patch anyway. You can use my Xenite vs Machine mod as help how to change lines. Just compare the mod files with the original files. ;)
XenPhaseTank
Dark Reign Player

Return to Map Making / Mission Editing