Finding someone to play

Anything goes, keep it clean and civil.

Finding someone to play

Postby Zoso on Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 am

Has anyone ever tried to come up with a way to send an email to everyone who has registered letting them know you are looking for a game? We might get a little more activity if there was a reason to pop on to check it out... Just a thought. Oh, and thanks a bunch for everyone who has put in the time to keep Dark Reign rolling - It was a great find to stumble on this a few weeks ago.
Zoso
Dark Reign Player

Re: Finding someone to play

Postby Forbzy on Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 pm

just stumbled across it myself how do i get this up and running again i havnt played online for years. just dl patch 1.7? i cant wait
Forbzy
Dark Reign Player

Postby Zoso on Tue May 03, 2011 6:39 am

Yep, when you dl the 1.7 patch, just run the Expansion.exe (that's the game) then "DROM" is a chat room so you don't have to go in the lobby and wait for people. Once in the lobby, you can't alt+tab - it'll screw everything up...

I'm looking for a way to let people know you're online wanting to play... That would be cool, but how? Don't know...
Zoso
Dark Reign Player

Postby |{ang@roo on Thu May 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi zoso. there is a new d-rom patch which has an alert button on it. My comp wouldn't run it like a couple of other people i think. but it was a good idea. In theory a convert d-rom would be sweet and maybe get more games/people rolling through. I think one of the main problem is people thinking that the patch is simply a patch though & not the full game. Thoughts ? (SATZ, sought this shit out bro) !!!!!
|{ang@roo
Development Team

Postby Zoso on Fri May 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Nice to see ya Kanga. The new DROM patch would not work for me either. I'm not sure if it would speed up the lag I sometimes get either. Sometimes I'll type something after sitting there for a bit and a bunch of posts will pop up all at once that I was missing the whole time. I agree on people thinking it is a patch and not the full game. When I dl'd it, I had no idea how to get it started or what DROM was... It may be as simple as changing this page on the site (http://www.darkreign.ws/patch/) to only explain three points: 1) how to get into the game from the patch 2) what the hell DROM is and 3) what file in the patch says all the stuff this page currently says... Since the majority of us will never make a map (sorry) all the extra info on there is just confusing. KISS - Keep it simple satz ;)
Zoso
Dark Reign Player

Return to Off-Topic Discussion