Remaking DROM

A list of Community Projects that are under-way or in planning stage for Dark Reign.

Remaking DROM

Postby zeddy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi.
I'm in the middle of making a new DROM, not that Element's DROM is bad, but because there were a few features I wished to add and knew that it would be easier to simply remake it in C# than to try to modify Element's C DROM.

Few things not yet implemented: Connecting/disconnecting without restarting the program, saving the chat log.

Please note that this is very possibly unstable and might easily crash or otherwise crap itself.
If you get any errors, can you please Ctrl+C on them and paste them in this topic or a PM to me?

If you are on XP, you might need to get .Net v3.5 if you don't have it.

Note that you don't have to (and really should not) extract this to the Dark Reign folder. It's happy to be in its own folder, and is better this way so for future versions you can easily delete the old one and recreate the new one.

--
I set up a project & svn repos here: http://drom.unfuddle.com so take a look if you're interested in the source or adding bug reports etc.
SVN: http://drom.unfuddle.com/svn/drom_drom/
Direct link to latest builds: http://drom.unfuddle.com/svn/drom_drom/redist/
User: publicuser
Pass: publicpass
--

(old)
Current version: v0.7.1.1
Download:
drom_0711.zip
(603.08 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

EDIT: alpha 2 uploaded

Added in alpha 2:
- Proper icon
- Room list updates/refreshes more often
- Room player listing (double click room)
- Pinging (double click player)
- Options dialog
- Saving options and nickname

EDIT: v0.7.1.1 uploaded

Due to popular demand (well just Mesh), I added Nudging and a few other things.
Because i've added a few extra things, there's more potential for bugs so bear with me while i squash them, if you find any.

Added:
- Message sounds ('borrowed', sshh)
- Nudging
- Right-click user menu
- User Info window which some little tidbits
- Icons for DROM users (person icon) and ingame players (joystick icon)

Changed:
- Options window tidied up
- You can now open multiple instances (at your own risk you filthy smurf)

Some extra notes on this version:
The new things won't work with someone who's using an older version of DROM (or the ingame chat).
The information for each user is only updated every 30 secs or so, which means you won't see status changes straight away and you won't be able to nudge someone who just entered the room.

drom0711_1.png
drom0711_1.png (32.39 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
Last edited by zeddy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 13 times in total.
zeddy
Development Team

Re: Remaking DROM

Postby Element on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:00 am

Looks very nice :)

It doesn't work with Wine in linux though, maybe it needs the .net redist, will experiment later.
Element
Site Admin

Postby zeddy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Element, maybe mono would be worth looking at? Or is mono only for linux-specific apps?
Actually yeah, that might not work so well with my native libraries and p/invoke..
zeddy
Development Team

Postby Element on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Don't know if I could make it run on Mono - Tried installing the 3.5 redist but that won't install on Wine (apparently 3.0 is the latest version that is mostly supported).

I think now I remember why I picked C/win32 over C# :)
Element
Site Admin

Postby zeddy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Well that's crappy..
Maybe if I get it stable enough and complete-enough i'll strip the fancy WPF jazz and make a .Net 3.0 copy of it
zeddy
Development Team

Postby zeddy on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Here's the source for "drom 0.6", "drom 0.5b" and the anet source (with visual studio solutions) for anyone interested.
Not sure if i'll be adding much more to 0.6 or not at this stage..

Be warned that it isn't very good code (i am a newb in c# :) ).

zipfile password is "darkreigndotws" (~70MB)
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Z1IRIV0
zeddy
Development Team

Postby Element on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 am

70mb? why is so large?

Can't download it atm, I'm on a 3G network which costs by the byte, but I'll check it out later.
Element
Site Admin

Postby Fooooo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:07 pm

I like i like.

Been playin around with the source there zeddy and added some textures... well 1 really :P

Unfortunatly i couldnt figure out how to do exactly what i wanted so it stretched bits until it looked all warped,
Because of this I had to disable the resize option, hopefully zeddy can help me a little here when he has the time. :)

Heres a pic neway, just to show what my drom now looks like.

note: The chat bar doesnt go all the way to the left nemore, didnt realise that till after i uploaded the pic :P
Attachments
DROMTextured.jpg
This is Drom Textured.
DROMTextured.jpg (100.6 KiB) Viewed 6231 times
Fooooo
Development Team

Postby zeddy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Cool skin, Foo =)
Is it an object of type "Image"? It would have a "Stretch" property you can set to Fill/Uniform/UniformFill.
If it's because the image isn't resizing, click the image, then make sure the icons on each of its 4 edges (not corners) are arrows. If it's a circle, click it and it'll display an arrow meaning that it'll automatically resize with its parent.

Just curious since i noticed the classic style, are you on a classic theme or <= win 2000, or did you just disable control themes?
zeddy
Development Team

Postby Mesh on Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:37 am

Excellent job so far Zeddy! Element really wants you recompile using Net 3.0 so he can use it on Linux - is that a hard thing to do? if not - how about it?
Mesh
Development Team

Next

Return to Dark Reign Projects