EDIT THE WIKI - Plus 1.7.1 Coming (Win7 Fix Hopefully)

Report Bugs and list suggestions for Dark Reign Redux here.

Moderator: Dark Reign Redux

EDIT THE WIKI - Plus 1.7.1 Coming (Win7 Fix Hopefully)

Postby Satz on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Edit the Wiki

Hey guys, over the next week I want to complete a large chunk of the Wiki.

I will be tackling the Files/File Types, as I presume only a few of us know what they do and how they work. I will be starting with the Configuration Files and then moving on to the Gameplay files. Everyone is welcome to edit, I am just editing the things that I think people might not know about. If you can help me edit then please do so, I do not really have the time to edit everything myself. Even if you do not know that much and get the bulk of the stuff down, and then leave me a msg in the Talk:Main_Page, I will edit your stuff, and fill in any missing gaps.

Wiki Front Page (Can't be edited but has a huge list of things that need to be done)
:: http://darkreign.ws/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Wiki Front Page Discussion (Edit this page with what you are doing, what you are going to do, what you have done etc)
:: http://darkreign.ws/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Main_Page

Brief File Page already done by me :: http://darkreign.ws/wiki/index.php?title=Brief_File

Tactics.log already done by me :: http://darkreign.ws/wiki/index.php?title=Tactics.log

I want to keep the Wiki nice and tidy, take a look at the way I edit, while of course you are free to edit how ever you want, I would like to come consensus on how we should edit the pages.

Patch 1.7.1

I will start work again on Patch 1.7.1, you have two options. Either I release Patch 1.7.1 without my major gameplay mod, that would require another patch 1.7.2 later on, or we just wait for me to finish that. 1.7.1 will not change anything, just add a few new mods, thats all.

I personally think wait until we find a Windows 7 fix and then release 1.7.1 with the fix.

Windows 7 Fix

Mesh found a fix for the colour issue effecting Windows 7 users, unfortunately it results in the game crashing when you attempt to launch it. I will get Element to look into it the next time I see him online or if he reads this first. It could be the opening we need to finally fix the problem.

Website

When 1.7.1 is released I will be editing the text on the website regarding the patch to make it clearer to users that they can download the full game.

I will also hopefully create a custom ladder page, using the data that is already there.
Satz
Site Admin

Re: EDIT THE WIKI - Plus 1.7.1 Coming (Win7 Fix Hopefully)

Postby Satz on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:32 pm

http://darkreign.ws/wiki/index.php?title=Making_a_Map

Making a Map done.

Mesh, Foo, feel free to add things you think I have missed.
Satz
Site Admin

Postby Element on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 am

This is your first warning Satz, do not cross post, I have taken the liberty of deleting your other duplicate posts.

If you cross post again I will be forced to take evasive action such as putting your face in a meat grinder and feeding the results to Foooo.
Element
Site Admin

Postby Hobbit1968 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm

If you have time, could the common launcher discussed here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131 be included as well?
Hobbit1968
Dark Reign Player

Postby Satz on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Yes, a common launcher will be included. :)
Satz
Site Admin

Postby Zeratul on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 am

I would like to help with the wiki. I have done the triple rail tank part but it has got deleted online. Because it was online before hand. I also believe that I have sent a copy to you satz. Please do look at it and add it to the wiki so that we are one step forward. ;)
Zeratul
Global Moderator

Postby Ra!ot on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 am

Hi just joined. I have the original disc and so went to install and then, the colours noooo. I played this for the first time 14 years ago and it was the first rts i ever played and i loved it. Hope you can find a solution for windows 7! good luck.
Ra!ot
Dark Reign Player

Postby zeldafreak1 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:39 am

Hello! I joined just recently and would love to help with the wiki. I still have the original disk. Dark Reign was the first rts i played and i was hooked from the start. I don't know too much about the game but I will gladly help in anyway I can!!
zeldafreak1
Dark Reign Player

Postby AltTab on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:48 am

Hi!!

I don't know if there is still someone alive here, but i just found one of my old darkreign CD's (unfortunately i wasn't able to find shadowhand :cry: )

I saw this community (fortunately you made it playable on my pc), and saw that pretty much is deactivated (like the wiki). I don't know if you are willing to reactivate it. But if you are, say something. I'm currently ahead of a forum and a wiki (from other unrelated stuff), so anything you might need (help or doubts) feel free to pest me.
(btw, my help is restricted to website stuff, 'cause my coding doesn't go much far than html and actionscript)
AltTab
Dark Reign Player

Postby pebz on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Did anyone find a way to fix the colour for Dark Reign its really annoying opening up the task manager and and closing explorer.exe i think the task bar might stop the colour from going to 16 bit or what ever it is and this is not a problem on windows 8 i have played it and it works fine there

if anyone tries this closing explorer you will lose access to the desktop, task bar and file explorer so open dark reign first go to the task manager end explorer then alt-tab in and out of dark reign and the colours look how they should be

re-opening explorer is easy just go to the applications tab then new task then "explorer.exe" and back how it was before you closed it

also does anyone play multiplayer anymore every time i have checked there has been no one in the lobby
pebz
Dark Reign Player

Next

Return to Dark Reign Redux Bug Reports & Suggestions