Welcome Back!

News, Updates and Announcements can be viewed here.

Welcome Back!

Postby Satz on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:41 am

Code: Select all
Sorry for the multiple emails, server lagged out and decided to send it like 5 times ...

The forums have been down for roughly two years, but are now back online.

Essentially in a nut shell, it was a full time job keeping up with the spammers and various anti-spam measures were introduced but to no avail.

Whilst the forums were being restored from a previous backup; due to some unforeseen circumstances regarding the spammers, the database was corrupted which also created issues with restoring the database again. The host was less then impressed with the amount of load put on the SQL server because of the spammers, and with a lot of the communication taking place via Facebook - the choice was made to leave the forums disabled until a later date.

At the time I was working 16 hour days developing an Indi Game Project with my team, and essentially had no time to fix this issue as well as we were waiting on some new and improved counter measures. That project has now come and gone, and I am pleased to say that the forums are now back up 100%.

I have gained street-cred with my project and am in communication with numerous developers @ Activision Blizzard.

I do not foresee an official Dark Reign III happening, but an unofficial fan-made port of the game is definitely a possibility.

Only time will tell if this is successful, but at least for now, enjoy the forums. :)
Satz
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Back!

Postby Satz on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 am

Concerning the Wiki,

I have not yet decided if we should reinstate it, as it was pretty much just me filling it out anyways.

I do hope that one day we can complete it, but at the moment, I do not have the time.
Satz
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Back!

Postby Element on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 pm

FAG!
Element
Site Admin

Return to News and Updates